How it works
- Half-Day ‘Taster’ session - You will come and visit the centre, participate in a practical activity and receive information, advice and guidance.
- 9 day ‘Budding Builders’ course
- You could gain an industry recognised accredited Health & Safety qualification
- CSCS training and funded cards
- A visit to a live construction site
- Basic construction skills training
- One-to-one employability and progression support
- Preparing you for the workplace and ensuring you are work-ready and understand the expectations of potential construction employers.
- CV support
- Supporting you to achieve your CSCS card
- Brokering work experience placements and job opportunities
See what courses we have coming up, and sign up to take part here.
Find out more about our Budding Builders course by watching our video:
Who can join a course?
Anyone aged 16-30 in England and Wales who is not currently in full time employment, education or training, or who is referred to us from an agency.
Speak with your parents, teachers, careers advisor, or another person you trust about joining our courses. We work with all sorts of referral agencies (that's an organisation like a school, a youth offending team or a college, for example) and we're happy to talk to anyone about our work and the ways you can get involved.
What happens when you finish a course with us?
We will work with you to plan out the next stage on your journey. We have amazing links with the construction industry and so we are able to arrange different types of progression routes to suit you:
- Work experience or placements - we can help get you some real on site experience
- Employment and Apprenticeships - we will support you to source and apply for employment in the industry or into an apprenticeship
Our courses are accredited by The Open College Network