We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
London Project Coordinator (Budding Builders)
Location: Bermondsey Construction Training Centre and across London
Hours: 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
Main Purpose of the Role:
You will be a self-starter, responsible for the support, development and delivery of the Trust’s programmes in London. Your role will be to work directly with young people on our programmes to increase their employability, whilst also engaging with construction industry partners to secure work places and employment for the young people we support. An important part of the role will also be to provide ongoing support and mentoring, as necessary, to the young people as they settle into training, work placements and jobs. Furthermore, the role carries fundraising responsibilities for these programmes. With support, you will research, write and present fundraising applications to a variety of organisations including Trusts and Foundations, corporate partners and local authority procurement teams.
The role will report directly to the London Regional Operations Manager, and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) certificate (formerly CRB) will be required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the work of the Trust’s trainers by directly working with young people to increase their employability and prepare them for employment or training throughout the duration of the Trust’s programmes;
- To actively seek progression routes for young people completing programmes with the Trust by engaging with Job Centre Plus’, contractors, and local authorities;
- To engage stakeholders in the community, built environment and educational sphere to develop strong partnerships and help support young people;
- To work with young people in order to increase their:
- Awareness of the opportunities in the construction industry
- Employability skills through training (CVs, interview skills, etc.)
- Literacy, numeracy and skills development, including engaging with other agencies who can support this work;
- To work with the London Regional Operations Manager to produce additional resources for programmes including comprehensive CV, interview skills and employability documents for use with beneficiaries;
- To actively seek bookings for the Mobile Classroom and develop other new projects, initiating new contacts and working with existing partners from both statutory and non-statutory organisations;
- To work with existing, and seek new referral partners, in order to recruit young people on programmes;
- To work with referral partners to assess and implement support plans for young people.
- To maintain records and monitoring data as well as produce relevant monitoring data on a monthly basis;
- To undertake regular and ongoing monitoring of previous beneficiaries via telephone and 1-2-1 interviews;
- To assist the London Regional Operations Manager in the planning and development of projects.
To read the full list of responsibilities, please download the job description here.
To understand the experience and qualities we are looking for, please download the person specification here.
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact Anna Walterskotter, London Regional Operations Manager - email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 August 2016 at 5.00 p.m. Interviews will be held on 9 September 2016.
If you are interested in a career in construction then see our careers pages.